Acción sdg6 Agua limpia y saneamiento
Utilizar procesos democráticos en las actuaciones para hacer que una situación evolucione hacia un uso más sostenible del agua y el saneamiento.
Take a decision leading to a more sustainable water management situation within a democratic process:
- Set the frame of a situation in which there is a water problem. Each student thinks individually of one possible thing he/she would change to make the situation improve, summarising which stakeholders would be affected by the change.
- In groups of 4, the students exchange their ideas and choose one suggested change (consensus).
- Each group presents their change-suggestion to the rest of the class, trying to convince them that their idea is the most appropriate. After each group has presented, the three most convincing projects are voted for (majority).
- Back in small groups, students think of the best way to combine the three voted solutions.
- The results of the discussions are presented in plenary, and either one option is voted for (majority), or elements of all solutions are combined (consensus).
- A parallel is made with the solutions implemented “in real life” within the presented situation, or the suggestions made by students can be presented to someone (eg. the local government).
If there is a risk that the students might not be able to think of possible solutions, it is possible to present three possible ways to make situation A evolve to situation B, the students have to choose one for themselves, discuss it in groups of four, present their choice to the class, and vote for one.