- Suggested duration: 40-60 mins
- Technique used: Role play – integrating jigsaw technique
- Aim of activity: Develop problem solving skills through collaborative processes in a realistic context, (that would help learners reflect on future consequences and alternative futures).
- Underpinning components: UC5.3a; UC5.3b
- Connection with other competences: Attentiveness; Systems; Transdisciplinarity
Simulation /Role play: Provide a scenario explaining the current situation of an SD problem. Suggest a number of alternative solutions to the problem. Assign roles to the learners and ask them to collaborate following the jigsaw collaborative approach to examine each alternative through the different lenses of the different roles and reach a consensus on the most suitable solution.