5 Find the theory
- Suggested duration: 2 hours x 2
- Technique used: Collaborative research methods (micro-research, conversations, discussions, co-production)
- Aim of activity: Learning to know how to identify and explain theories for the interpretation of a phenomenon/“real world” problem
- Underpinning components: UC4.1a; UC4.3a; UC4.3b
- Connection with other competences: Attentiveness; Action; Transdisciplinarity
Starting with a “real-world” problem of unsustainability (also in continuity with the two previous activities), make a micro background research (explorative) divided by small groups which apply different disciplinary point of views and produce a brief report and PowerPoint to illustrate the main features of the problem. Presentation of PowerPoint. Discuss the specific point of view used by each group and the partial and specific analysis of the problem. Identify elements of contradiction, overlapping, and complementarity. Establish collectively a report structure that takes into account all disciplinary contributions and acknowledge the value of the interpretative inputs that have arisen from the discussion.