- Suggested duration: 15-20 mins
- Technique used: Group research
- Materials required: Internet access or reference material
- Aim of activity: To encourage students to think about things from different perspectives to do with age
- Underpinning components: UC 3.1
- Connection with other competences: Attentiveness
Using any devices you have with you, do a quick search to see what you can find out about the demographic of a local town – what is the size of the population and how is it broken down in terms of age?
Using this information, make some predictions about the future needs of the town. Consider aspects such as traffic/parking; health; housing; education; appropriate leisure facilities.