- Suggested duration: 20 mins
- Technique used: Small group discussion
- Materials required: Examples of real life problems with possibly social, environmental and economic impact
- Aim of activity: To encourage learners to think about different solutions and then think of the values that might underpin them
- Underpinning components: UC12.1b; UC12.2a; UC12.2b
- Connection with other competences: Attentiveness; Responsibility
Small groups each study a different real life problem-based scenario and try to come up with at least six different solutions/ways forward. Then for each solution consider which values underpin it and which might be compromised. Whole group, discuss solutions proposed and the related values.