- Suggested duration: 20 mins
- Technique used (e.g. simulation, debate): Small group analysis of material presented
- Materials required: Material on sustainability issues that contain facts, assumptions and opinion
- Aim of activity: To encourage learners to look carefully at language used to identify facts, assumptions and opinions. To encourage learners to reflect on their own bias and receptiveness to new ideas.
- Underpinning components: UC4.2a; UC4.2b; UC4.3a
- Connection with other competences: Attentiveness
Pairs/small groups analyse texts underlining examples of facts, opinions and assumptions. Whole group share and discuss. Reflect on own responses to texts e.g. do we look for things that confirm our opinions?