Creativity sdg9 Industry, innovation and infrastructure
Be creative and flexible while working on resilient infrastructure and inclusive and sustainable industrialization and innovation.
Follow the thinking steps as described in De Hamer/Heres, 32 lessen voor de toekomst; les 23, De Vries, van People, Planet, Prosperity naar Burgerschap (Hilversum NL 2015).
The ’thinking steps’ are:
- Challenge: learners are challenged to think about possible improvements to a plant, shop, office, government in the neighbourhood of the school or even the school itself e.g. safer traffic situation, less plastic, better waste management, restaurant policy, heating systems, electricity supply, leisure space etc.
- Reflection: every group member has a right to have one idea chosen by the group. No more than three pictures are taken of the chosen item; the pictures explicitly show the need for improvement.
- Discussion: The pictures are discussed in the small groups. Improvements are discussed from the perspectives of People, Planet and Prosperity. The reasoning is based on ‘if…, than…, with result…., which has impact…. etc.’
- Solution: group proposes a solution based on consensus. That ‘consensus’ might be difficult to reach: some children have to give in.
- Presentation: The solutions are presented and discussed in a plenary session, ideally with stakeholders.
- Reflection: whole group discuss the process: what is the solution, what is the impact on PPP, how hard was it to get there? How did you encourage fellow students to participate? How respectful was your behaviour? Etc…