Creativity sdg6 Clean water and sanitation
Look for and propose innovative solutions, both structurally (socially) and technically, for areas where there is a lack of water and sanitation.
World café around a case study
Based on a real case study (e.g. Maracaibo, Venezuela), identify strategies to ensure access to water for all. There are districts that receive water every 20 to 25 days, but other districts have not received water for 3 months, 6 months or even a year. In addition, the lake water is polluted and causes diseases.
- Read a text (or video reportage – RTS, Tout un monde, 29.11.2019)
- Highlight the problems of the city
- Brainstorm around possible solutions along the world-café method:
- Separate the class around three tables where three types of solutions will be discussed: technical, political, economic
- Each 7 to 10 minutes, the groups mingle. One person, the host, remains at the table and summarizes the discussions held to the new group
- After three shifts, the whole class goes through all three tables, a short summary being given by the host.
- In groups of four, formulate some proposals to guarantee access to water
- Identify the conditions for implementation (or the first steps).