Find creative suggestions as to how to end poverty.
Students research policies and manifestos for political parties in their countries. In what way does each party propose to end poverty, in their own country and worldwide.
- How is ‘poverty’ defined in that country?
- How does this definition relate to worldwide standards?
- What are the implications of living according to the national definition of ‘poverty’?
- What is the opinion of political parties in your government on poverty? Do they want to reduce it? If so, how? Do you agree with that solution?
- In small groups choose the political programme that you consider to be the most effective and discuss why.
- Discuss ways of making thee program even more effective. What criteria do you use for ‘effectiveness’?
- If possible, discuss the outcome of your research with a representative of a political party.