- Suggested duration: 30-40 mins
- Technique used: Debate
- Materials required: Handout or script with scenario
- Aim of activity: Develop decision making skills through collaborative processes in a real context, (that would help learners undrestand the importance of preparing individuals competent to participate and shape our common future).
- Underpinning components: UC5.2a; UC5.2b
- Connection with other competences: Action
Debate: Provide a scenario explaining an existing current problem in your city. The solution will clearly affect the citizens in the future (in terms of economy and nature) and a decision needs to be taken by the city board members. Provide the two alternative solutions to the problem (e.g. road cuts through the park or road goes around the park). Ask the learners to explore how either solution can affect the lives of the citizens, as well as discuss the SD dimensions of each solution. Form groups according to the solution they support and set a debate on which solution should be followed.