- Suggested duration: 15 mins
- Technique used: Jigsaw discussion
- Materials required: Printed models (diagrams)
- Aim of activity: To raise critical awareness and understanding of models of sustainable development
- Underpinning components: UC1.1a; UC1.1b; UC1.3a
- Connection with other competences
Small groups. Each given a different model of sustainable development to a) discuss and interpret, b) consider what they like about it, c) consider any reservations they may have about the model.
Reformed groups containing a person representing each model. a) each person their model and their thoughts b) discuss together which model they prefer and why c) discuss which they feel are the earlier versions and which later and why.
Plenary share thoughts.