- Suggested duration: 15 mins
- Technique used: Group discussion
- Materials required: Representation of different values
- Aim of activity: To encourage students to consider how values can underpin/influence a system/approach
- Underpinning components: UC 10.2a; UC 10.2b; UC 10.3
- Connection with other competences: Transdiciplinarity; Empathy
- Group activity: Reflect on the power flow as it currently exists in the education system and consider what values it seems to represent
- Group activity: Consider alternative power sharing approaches and discuss what values these would seem to represent.
- Plenary: Discuss Carl Rogers and Paolo Freire and their respective philosophies.