- Suggested duration: 15 mins
- Technique used: Small group discussion
- Materials required: Examples of different models of sustainable development e.g. pillars, Venn diagram, nested systems
- Aim of activity: To encourage critical thought
- Underpinning components: UC4.1b; UC4.3a; UC4.3b
- Connection with other competences: Systems
Small groups study different models of sustainable development and consider which they prefer, any limitations/criticisms and try to create an alternative model. Plenary – short presentation on knowledge and how it is provisional, contingent and contestable.