- Suggested duration: 20 mins
- Technique used: Group discussion
- Materials required: Flipchart paper and marker pens
- Aim of activity: To encourage students to reflect on the different between understanding others, sympathy and empathy
- Underpinning components: UC 6.1
- Connection with other competences:
Group activity. In your group, divide a piece of paper into 3 columns. Head one column ‘Understanding others’. In this column write words that help describe understanding others. Head the next column ‘sympathy for others’. Underneath, write words that help describe/define this. In the final column, write empathy. Write words that help describe/define empathy. What do you see as the difference between these three?