- Suggested duration: 15 mins
- Technique used: Reflection and group categorisation
- Materials required: Post it notes
- Aim of activity: To encourage students to reflect on times when power was shared and what this entails
- Underpinning components: UC 10.1; UC 10.2a; UC 10.2b; UC 10.3
- Connection with other competences: Responsibility
- Individually: Using post it notes, think of examples during your educational journey, as a learner or educator, of where you felt the power was shared more equitably
- Group activity: Share experiences and see if they can be grouped together in any way – do any have any characteristics in common?
- Plenary: Any observations? What did they perhaps have in common? Discuss the extent to which the evidence shows that effective power sharing is built on trust and positive relationships.