- Suggested duration: 25 mins
- Technique used: Role play
- Materials required: Instructions to group
- Aim of activity: To encourage students to consdier things from different perspectives
- Underpinning components: UC 3.1, UC 3.2
- Connection with other competences: Decisiveness
In your assessment groups, please allocate as many of these roles as possible, (starting from the top):
- Environmental scientist
- Local religious leader
- Computer scientist
You make up the governing body of a local educational institution.
Government policy is to take the institution out of local authority control and make it a ‘free’ school, meaning you are able to decide for yourselves its future direction.
- Group: Discuss what should be the focus/vision from your perspective. Try to win the others around to your idea
- Facilitator: Listen and take notes. Decide who makes the most compelling argument/who ‘wins’
- Facilitator: stage another discussion.
- This time try to find a focus/vision that can satisfy all members of the group.
- A win-win?
Plenary reflect on the different experiences