- Suggested duration: 20 mins
- Technique used: Cumulative brainstorm
- Materials required: Flipchart paper and marker pens
- Aim of activity: To help students reflect on the current state of the world and how we got here
- Underpinning components: UC5.2a; UC5.3b
- Connection with other competences:
Small group activity. Half of the groups write ‘Good things about the world as I see it’ the other ‘Concerns about the world as I see it’ in the middle of their sheets and then brainstorm and write on their sheets things that come to mind. Groups then swap sheets and see if they agree with comments made and if they have anything else to add. Plenary discuss the sorts of things that came up, feelings, commonalities, differences and to make the point that sometimes the things that people like are other people’s concerns. Take one example as a whole group and discuss how that came about.